Before you can apply a solution you must first admit that there is a problem. Admitting that you are a sinner is the first step. In the beginning, when Adam and Eve disobeyed God in the Garden of Eden they committed the first sin. Ever since that time every human has been born with that sin nature. Man is sinful and separated from God.
- Romans 3:10 As it is written, there is none righteous, no, not one
- Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.
- Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
The consequence of sin is a separation from God. Because we all have sinned God expects a payment for that sin. The only payment He accepts is death. The place that God has prepared for sinners is called Hell. All human’s destination is Hell because they are all sinners. Death is what we deserve because we owe a debt for our sin
- Romans 6:23a For the wages of sin is death
There is good news! God loves us so much that He offered His one and only Son, Jesus to pay our sin debt for us. This gift is available to every human, when we believe that Jesus died for us to pay our debt, personally, we can have life ETERNALLY. At the moment we believe in what Jesus did on the cross our destination changes from Hell to Heaven when we leave this earth.
- Romans 6:23b but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
- Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
- Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
God wants to hear it from you. He wants you to confess that Jesus is the only One perfect enough to pay your sin debt and that you believe Jesus died on the cross for you. God wants you to make it personal. When you feel that nudging at your heart it is because the Holy Spirit is calling you to believe.
It is not necessary for you to do anything but believe.
You do not need to join a church.
You do not need to walk an aisle.
You do not need to complete a decision card.
You do not need to repeat a sinner’s prayer.
Jesus did it all
Romans 10:9-10 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.